Saturday, November 13, 2010

Brielle's Jolly Holiday











One of our favorite parenting moments ever! Brielle wore her Mary Poppins dress to Disney (thank you again Great Grandma Aplanalp) to say hi to the real Mary Poppins. The real Mary Poppins was surprised to see Brielle looking so dapper (you see every princess dress under the sun at Disney, but we've never seen a Mary Poppins dress - everyone asked where we got it), and Brielle was thrilled to get some alone time with her idol. Brielle kept saying, "look I have this and YOU have this!" pointing to various aspects of their outfits. I was amazed at the number of random people who stopped to take pictures, or who leaned over the rail of the ride waiting line where Mary Poppins was stationed to catch a glimpse of what was happening. Really was an unforgettable parenting moment for us, much like when Raegan first met Cinderella (her idol at the time) at the same age.




4 comments:

Joy said...

LOVE it!!!

Ashley said...

so cute, I can't wait until abby is into that stuff!

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

That costume is ADORABLE!

And, I answered your question regarding the turkey placemats as a comment on my post. Thanks!

Zach, Jen, Elizabeth & Summer said...

Too cute! I love that Mary Poppins was actually there in a matching outfit! What a magical moment for a little girl! :)