I got a crazy itch to recover the car seat and stroller that we have had since Raegan....what was I thinking?! I was thinking Raegan is now 7 and 3 kids later, it is time for an upgrade. But I didn't want to buy a new one, so I saw a post online about recovering the carseat and enlisted the help of my mom and grandma when they were here. What a great help they were!! It was easy with them and it turned out great! They left and I had to do the stroller on my own (scary)....it wasn't too bad. I did have a friend come and help me unpick and just make sure I was doing it correctly so I didn't have an unneccessary unpicking to do. Sometimes my sewing foot gets ahead of reason and functionalitity ;(
The stroller was going great until my machine broke (boo!) and it would cost more to fix it then buy another one~ So in an effort to save all this money of buying a new stroller, I ended up buying a new sewing machine. I upgraded a little and this one seems fun. So I did finally finish and everything seems to work correctly. I am proud of myself for doing it, but also exhausted from having to put it back together~Good night!
Before
(Look how dirty and gross it is!) That is after it was washed


After~

I do have to say I liked the fabric better when it was on the bolt and when I finished it wasn't my favorite, but I wasn't going to start over and it was better than when I started ;)))
2 comments:
That's awesome! I saw a similar tutorial on a blog and have thought about doing that for Carson's carseat...I would probably need to learn to sew first:)
Great job Amy, the material looks really bright and happy!!
Post a Comment