So I have two resolutions this year. I am not a goal oriented person unlike Jake who reads his goals weekly (very impressive). I know I will forget them soon so why make them ;). There are two things I want to do though so we will call them ‘goals” or ‘new year resolutions’. Whatever they are, I just want to try and incorporate them into my daily routine.
1—Get up early and have scripture study with Jake and then alone. We were doing pretty good at this before Brielle came along and then I used the excuse that I was too tired to get up. Well, she has been sleeping through the night for a while so I don’t have an excuse. I know that when I get up I am more patient and loving with my kids. When I don’t get up I am more tired and irritable, I get mad quicker at my kids which then makes me unhappy, so for me to be happy and have peace, I know I need to get up. Yesterday and today have worked, I pray I keep it up.
2---Eat better. My family needs more veggies and less treats. I bought the book “Deceptively Delicious” by Jessica Seinfeld. It talks about pureeing veggies and then putting them in your food so that your kids/husband doesn’t even know they are there. On Sunday I got started. I steamed spinach, squash, carrots and zucchini and put about ½ c in zip lock bags and then put them in the freezer. Hopefully now when I am cooking I can just pull a bag out and add it. I will still offer veggies at every meal so my kids/husband learns to eat them, but now they will be getting a double dose.
We’ll see how well I do. Plus it will help me be a “bigger loser” and kick all your behinds!
1—Get up early and have scripture study with Jake and then alone. We were doing pretty good at this before Brielle came along and then I used the excuse that I was too tired to get up. Well, she has been sleeping through the night for a while so I don’t have an excuse. I know that when I get up I am more patient and loving with my kids. When I don’t get up I am more tired and irritable, I get mad quicker at my kids which then makes me unhappy, so for me to be happy and have peace, I know I need to get up. Yesterday and today have worked, I pray I keep it up.
2---Eat better. My family needs more veggies and less treats. I bought the book “Deceptively Delicious” by Jessica Seinfeld. It talks about pureeing veggies and then putting them in your food so that your kids/husband doesn’t even know they are there. On Sunday I got started. I steamed spinach, squash, carrots and zucchini and put about ½ c in zip lock bags and then put them in the freezer. Hopefully now when I am cooking I can just pull a bag out and add it. I will still offer veggies at every meal so my kids/husband learns to eat them, but now they will be getting a double dose.

We’ll see how well I do. Plus it will help me be a “bigger loser” and kick all your behinds!

5 comments:
Amy! Found your site off Jen's. I haven't seen you since her wedding 2 years ago? You still look great. I haven't seen Jake since college. Is it weird that he looks younger to me than I remember him? What an awesome family and beautiful children. Getting up early for scripture study? With your husband? Sheesh, don't make us look bad! I look forward to reading more of your posts!
-Monica
Good luck with that! I don't think you will be the bigger loser! Look at our blog tomorrow and you will see Jason's idea of exercise! I think he may be the bigger loser! LOL!
But seriously! Good luck on keeping your goals/resolutions! I have 15 and I am doing good SO FAR! We will see how long that lasts!
It makes me feel better to read this because I am not the goal-setter or achiever in our house either. Richard has inspired me to be better, too.
Glad you had a fun, white Christmas. Thanks for the cute card. I want to come hang out in the warm FL weather!
Great resolutions! I always say more than two or three, you're bound to get overwhelmed and drop them all. You're off to a great start: ) Let me know how that veggie thing goes. If you have a good experience and gain a testimony, myabe I will put it to the test: )
I have had this cook book for about 6 months now and some weeks I use it more than others. Some of the recipes are totally yummy & you don't even taste it and others not so much. But I also just started putting things in everything I normally make and that works better for us. Let me know how you like it! Hope you are getting better too! I SO want to be part of your biggest loser fame but can't start until mid-March after the baby is here :(
Post a Comment