Monday, July 13, 2009

We're finally Olympians! It's about time!

Jake and I got to go to the Olympic park in Park City and do all the events they do there. The first two pictures are of the ski jumps they used for the Olympics. There were girls practicing that day. It was amazing to watch how they jump out and lean forward. A lot braver than I am. The other one is practicing jumps and landing in water. They had lots of little kids jumping. It was fun to watch.





This is us going up on the chair lift to go down the zipline.



Getting hooked up for the zip line......




And away I go..........
I totally beat Jake that time!
We also got to experience the bobsled. It isn't on ice and the bobsled has wheels, but needless to say, I am glad I did it, but won't do it again. I thought my brain was going to come through my nose. Not a pleasant experience. This is after we have survived enough to take a picture with our driver.
A fun experience overall!!!

2 comments:

Myers Family said...

Oh my goodness, Adam and I have been talking about going here all summer! I need to know about the bobslead thing, because I'm not a fan of things that make you sick- do the turns make you dizzy at all or motion sick? Please let me know, as I am dying to find someone who has done it and can give an honest opinion

Brooke said...

FUN! Good for you guys. We have driven by but never done it!