Monday, May 3, 2010

Pirates, princesses and strawberries

The local theatre sent free tickets to us for their pirates and princess ballet. I decided to take Raegan and Logan (yes Logan too) He is crazy about pirates and so I hoped he would like it. I packed treats and we set off with our friend Mayra. It turned out to be okay. I read Logan the synopsis beforehand so he would understand and he did pretty well. The treats came in very handy at certain times. Overall it was a fun evening going to something new.
We finally made it out to Pappy's strawberry patch to pick strawberries. They have the best strawberries around! We picked a TON! Then we came home and made the delicious strawberry jam. I think we ended up making close to 10 batches, that is a lot of jam. Thankfully a few friends came over and helped and took some home. I am not sure I would have had enough room in my freezer. It is the best jam and I have been gaining weight eating white bread and jam as much as I can. It is scrumptious!







No comments: