Brielle wearing one of my dresses when I was a baby...
A few funny things that happened this week to make me realize how blessed we are. The first is that I was trying to get Logan to take his nap. He instantly gets tons of energy the minute he gets into bed. There is a space between his bed and the wall and he likes to play there. As I've done plenty of times before, I got him by the arm and starting pulling him out to get him settled down for his nap. Except this time I dislocated his elbow. This is something I have never experienced before and thought I had pulled his whole arm out of socket, shoulder and all. He was crying and wouldn't move his arm. I felt terrible. Our pediatrician easily put his elbow back in and taught Jake and I how to execute the procedure, forwarning us that this would happen several times over the lifespan of our children. Can't wait to try it out again. Needless to say, Logan has forgiven me and Raegan tells everyone that it was my fault. She also tells people that the doctor cut Logan's arm off and put it back together...
The other funny thing (not funny at the time) was that the alternator went out on my car while driving on a busy road. I was in the turn lane and my car just died. We had just been swimming at a friend's pool, so I was still in my swim suit because we were just going home. To make it even better, Jake was in DC for the day so I was really stuck. Plus, no one stopped to help me for quite some time (it felt like an eternity while the cars started lining up behind me) After one guy walked by me on the sidewalk without even helping, another one pulled over and pushed me into the gas station and tried to help with no luck. I called a friend who lived close by and has an 8 passanger van (she has 3 kids of her own) and she came and got me. Luckily we waited inside the gas station so no one died of heat stroke. The next day we towed the car home, Jake fixed it and we are back in business. The moral of the story is please always help the stranded swimsuit girl that has 3 onery kids in the back.....before she goes postal.

1 comment:
AH! That is the worst feeling! I had the alternator go out on my car at the top of the Jackson pass. SO, not fun. I can't imagine with the kids...I'm lovin' your blog! Your little girl is adorable!
Post a Comment